Shame on NBC.
NBC stuck with its national programming instead of observing the moment of silence at the time of the 9/11 attacks that are normally observed on this date.
While national viewers of “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” aired the somber remembrance, “Today” aired Savannah Guthrie’s interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” mom Kris Jenner on her breast implants.
New York City’s local affiliate WNBC did cut in with local programming covering the moment of silence, coordinated with New York and D.C. starting at 8:46 a.m. ET, but the national programming stayed with Jenner.
- 9/11 Gaffe: NBC Chooses to Air Interview With Kris Jenner About Breast Implants During Moment of Silence (observer.com)
- Shameful: NBC skips 9/11 moment of silence for Kardashians and Kris Jenner’s boobs (twitchy.com)
- 9/11 – A moment of Silence @ 9:11pm (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- Kris Jenner Took Precedence Over 9/11 Moment Of Silence, Has TODAY Reached New Low? (perezhilton.com)
- WATCH: Today Show ignores moment of silence at 8:46 AM to air Kardashian interview (radio.woai.com)