Looks like these protests have something to do with more than a silly movie. There are deep seated simmering anger at the West in General.
delivered a powerful and personal speech about religion at an Eid ul-Fitr reception, marking the end of the Muslim holiday of Ramadan. The speech, at times, was a direct response to the attacks on U.S. diplomatic missions in the Middle East, and the deaths of four diplomats at the hands of militants in Libya.
- Secretary Clinton Delivers Powerful Religion Speech After Middle East Embassy Attacks – Yahoo! News (karensunhumbleopinion.com)
- Current Conversations about the Freedom of Speech in the United States (mermaidssinging.wordpress.com)
- Clinton Gives Religion Speech After Embassy Attacks (abcnews.go.com)
- Secretary Of State Clinton: Violence In Response To Speech Is Not Acceptable (mediaite.com)
- Establishment Capitalizes On Embassy Attack as Election Approaches (dprogram.net)