The plot thickens…
CAIRO (AP) — Libyans tried to rescue Ambassador Chris Stevens, cheering “God is great” and rushing him to a hospital after they discovered him still clinging to life inside the U.S. Consulate, according to witnesses and a new video that emerged Monday from last week’s attack in the city of Benghazi.
U.S. and Libyan officials are also trying to determine who was behind the attack. Still unclear was whether it had been planned beforehand or was sparked by an anti-Islam film made in the United States that, hours before the Benghazi assault, had sparked protests at the American Embassy in Cairo.
On Sunday, Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif contended foreign militants had been plotting the attack for months and timed it for Tuesday’s 9/11 anniversary.
- More Obama Fail: Libyan president Mohammed Magarief disputes video claim, won’t let FBI in (riehlworldview.com)
- Ambassador Susan Rice: Libya Attack Not Premeditated (news.yahoo.com)
- Libyans Honor Ambassador Stevens (lezgetreal.com)
- Ambassador Rice: Benghazi attack began spontaneously (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Ambassador Susan Rice: Libya Attack Not Premeditated (jhaines6.wordpress.com)