Talk about going full retard.
In an effort to comply with state laws aboutgender discrimination, a Rhode Island school district has banned father-daughter dances andmother-son baseball games after a single mom complained that her daughter wasn’t able to attend a dance.
The mother filed a complaint with the Rhode Island branch of the American Civil Liberties Union last May, saying that her child felt excluded from the dance because she did not have a father figure to take her. The dance was a longstanding event run by a parent-teacher organization.
- School bans father-daughter dances after single mom complains (wtvr.com)
- Outraged Parent Speaks Out After Rhode Island School District Bans Father-Daughter Dances (foxnewsinsider.com)
- School district bans father-daughter dances, similar activities after ACLU gets involved (jacksonville.com)
- ACLU successfully gets “father-daughter” dances banned (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- School district bans daddy-daughter dances (clickondetroit.com)