Very interesting stuff.
It sounds like a mash-up of Indiana Jones’ plots, but German researchers say a heavy brought to Europe by the Nazis was carved from a meteorite that likely fell 10,000 years ago along the Siberia-Mongolia border.
iron man” to the researchers, is of unknown age, though the best estimates date the statue to sometime between the eighth and 10th centuries. The carving depicts a man, probably a Buddhist god, perched with his legs tucked in, holding something in his left hand. On his chest is a Buddhist swastika, a symbol of luck that was later co-opted by theNazi party of Germany., also known as “
“One can speculate whether the swastika symbol on the statue was a potential motivation to displace the ‘iron man’ meteorite artifact toGermany,” the researchers wrote online Sept. 14 in the journal Meteoritics & Planetary Science.
- Paging Indiana Jones: Nazi-Acquired Buddha Statue Came From Space (riehlworldview.com)
- Nazi-Acquired Buddha Statue Came From Space (sott.net)
- Nazi Buddha statue came from space! (msnbc.msn.com)
- Nazi-acquired Buddha statue came from space (cbsnews.com)
- Nazi-Acquired Buddha Statue Came From Space (space.com)