This is insanity.
A new report shows that some 2,400received during the economic downturn, a number that has caught the attention of politicians who funded extensions of benefits for up to 99 weeks as the economy crumbled.
In 2009, 2,362 millionaires received Congressional Research Service, a non-partisan arm of U.S. Congress that provides policy and legal analysis. Of the 2,362 more than 1,000 receiving unemployment benefits had a household adjusted gross income of $1.5 million in 2009., down from 2,840 the year prior, according to a study from the
- Should Millionaires Get Unemployment? (abcnews.go.com)
- Report: Nearly 2,400 millionaires received unemployment benefits (bizjournals.com)
- Almost 2,400 Millionaires Pocketed Unemployment Benefits (engineeringevil.com)
- Almost 2,400 U.S. Millionaires Pocketed Unemployment Benefits (bloomberg.com)
- Yes, 2,362 Millionaires Got Unemployment Checks in 2009 (theatlantic.com)