Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time. Just because he gave charity, does it mean that he should get a break from the law. Two years is loo light a sentence. This once again shows that so called white-collar crime goes under-punished.
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Disgraced Wall Street titan and philanthropist was sentenced to only two years in prison, a much lighter sentence than U.S. prosecutors had demanded, even though the federal judge who imposed it on Wednesday called his crimes “disgusting” and “a terrible breach of trust.”
- Rajat Gupta Gets Two-Year Sentence for Insider Trading – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Ex-Goldman director Gupta gets two years for insider trading (money.cnn.com)
- Rajat Gupta facing up to ten years in jail (thehindu.com)
- DealBook: Ex-Goldman Director Gets 2 Years in Insider Case (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- SENTENCED: Goldman Director Gets Two Years In Prison (dailybail.com)