It’s crazy how politics can bring the worst out of people. Whether those remarks were intentional or not the fact remains that of course during these theatrical act of elections such acts of demagoguery are employed to enraged and rally people.
Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin released a statement on her Facebook page accusing President Obama of engaging in “shuck and jive shtick” regarding last month’s attack in Benghazi, Libya.
For those who aren’t familiar with the phrase, “shuck and jive” is a racially-tingedexpression. According to the user-submitted Urban Dictionary, the term “originally referred to the intentionally misleading words and actions that African-Americans would employ in order to deceive racist Euro-Americans in power, both during the period of slavery and afterwards.”
- Palin accuses Obama of ‘shuck and jive shtick’ (news.yahoo.com)
- Palin accuses Obama of ‘shuck and jive shtick’ | The Ticket – Yahoo! News (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Palin stoops to ‘shuck and jive’ (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- Ho Sit Down: Sarah Palin Lowkey Calls President Obama A “Sambo” And Says He’s A “Shuck And Jive Liar” (bossip.com)
- Palin slams Obama’s “shuck and jive shtick” (salon.com)