This is the best news since man discovered fire. Can’t wait for this movie.
Universal Pictures has made a deal for The Legend Of Conan, an action film that will star Arnold Schwarzenegger in one of his signature roles as Robert E. Howard’s mythic barbarian. The deal brings Conan and Schwarzenegger back to Universal, which released the first film that launched Schwarzenegger’s movie career back in 1982. Universal has world rights on the film.
The film will be produced by Fredrik Malmberg and Chris Morgan. Malmberg is CEO of Paradox Entertainment, which holds the rights to Conan. Morgan is the Universal-based writer and producer whose credits include the last four Fast And The Furious films, along with Wanted and 47 Ronin. Morgan has hatched the story and might write the script. The caveat is that the studio wants The Legend Of Conan for summer 2014, and Morgan might not be finished writing the seventh Fast And Furious installment by then. If that happens he will be a very active producer, because this is Morgan’s dream project.
Said Schwarzenegger: “I always loved the Conan character and I’m honored to be asked to step into the role once again. I can’t wait to work with Universal and the great team of Fredrik Malmberg and Chris Morgan to develop the next step of this truly epic story.”
What is best in life ?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Return As Older Conan The Barbarian, Please Disregard Jason Momoa’s Version (movieline.com)
- Arnold And ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Reunited: Universal Reboots Action Franchise With Schwarzenegger (deadline.com)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to Reprise Barbarian Role in THE LEGEND OF CONAN Reboot (collider.com)
- Schwarzenegger Reprises Barbarian Role in THE LEGEND OF CONAN (geektyrant.com)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Reprise His Role As Conan The Barbarian In New Movie (complex.com)