And the plot thickens …
Now THIS is a finely-honed troll move. Over the weekend, the above photo showed up in Lance Armstrong’s Twitter feed, accompanied by the message “Back in Austin and just layin’ around … “
Armstrong is, of course, reclining oh-so-casually in front of the seven Tour de France jerseys he won. Those jerseys represent the seven Tour de France victories that the International Cycling Union stripped from him following the investigation and documentation of what the United States Anti-Doping Agency called “the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen.” Armstrong was also served with a lifetime ban from cycling events overseen by the USADA, and his 2000 Olympic bronze medal is now under investigation.
- Lance Armstrong just happens to pose next to his Tour de France jerseys | Yahoo! Sports Blogs – Yahoo! Sports (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Defiant Lance Armstrong tweets photograph of himself with yellow jerseys (thetimes.co.uk)
- Lance Armstrong tweets photo of himself and yellow jerseys (itv.com)
- Defiant Lance Armstrong posts pic of Tour champion jerseys (fox6now.com)
- ‘Just layin’ around’ (theage.com.au)